Undergraduate International Admission Requirements
All of the following requirements are compulsory for admission
- International students must be at least seventeen (17) years old to attend Cameron University
- Application for Admission
- Application Fee
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $20.00. Application fee waivers are not available.
- Applications will not be processed until the $20.00 application fee has been paid.
- Biographical Page of Passport
- A copy of the page of your passport that indicates your complete name, country of citizenship, passport number, and passport expiration date.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Required if English is not your native language. See the list of Cameron University approved native English speaking countries. The test must be taken within two years of application for admission. The Cameron University (CU) code is 6080. Only original, official score reports are accepted. There are three options to meet the English Proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL: www.toefl.org
- 500 or higher on the paper-based test (PBT) or 61 or higher on the internet-based test (IBT)
- IELTS: www.ielts.com
- Students may also provide proof of 12 weeks of intensive English study at an approved ESL program in Oklahoma after achieving minimum TOEFL score of 460 (PBT) or 48 (IBT) or minimum IELTS overall band of 5.0.
- Evidence of completion of secondary school (high school)
- Must be a certified transcript and a translated certified copy in English.
- Students from Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, or Liberia are required to submit a certified copy of your WAEC report and new unscratched scratch card with examination number, examination year, and type of examination.
- Transcripts of all university work
- You are required by state law to indicate all the universities you attended on the online application for admission.
- University work completed outside the United States needs to be evaluated by WES or ECE, these services can be located at: www.wes.org or www.ece.org. The evaluation must be a course-by-course, level, and grade point average (GPA). Request an official evaluation sent to Cameron University. Please bring a syllabus, in English, for each course, for possible substitution or waiver of courses at Cameron.
- Advanced Levels do not need to be evaluated.
- SAT or ACT
- CU’s code for the ACT is 3386. CU’s code for the SAT is 6080.
- The SAT or ACT are not required, if you are 21 years of age or older or you have completed at least 24 semester credit hours at the university level, however, students who have taken the SAT or ACT within the last 5 years are strongly recommended to submit them.
- Original Affidavit of Financial Support from Cameron University
- This is a contract between Cameron University and the student’s sponsor. Once signed, it states the sponsor agrees to pay all of the student’s costs related to and during the duration of the student’s enrollment at Cameron University.
- Documentation of Guaranteed Funds
- Six months of current bank statements that indicates the availability of funds for you to attend school for at least one year. Must be officially certified by the bank.
- Students receiving an athletic scholarship are required to show proof of financial resources for all tuition and fees not covered by the scholarship. A copy of the scholarship agreement must be received by the International Admissions Office before an I-20 will be issued.
- If a spouse and/or children will accompany the F-1 student to the United States, additional funds must be available to support dependents amounting to $10,000 for a spouse and $6,000 for each child.
- Transfer Students from a United States university
- Please request a Transfer Recommendation Form
- Submit a copy of your visa, I-94, and I-20
- Deadline for fall semester is June 1st. Deadline for spring semester is November 1st.
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Prospective students must meet both the CU admission policies and USCIS immigration regulations before an I-20 can be issued. All documents submitted during your application and subsequent enrollment become the property of Cameron University and cannot be returned.
- Once you have been accepted as a student at CU, you will receive an email confirming your acceptance and you will be asked where and how you would like your I-20 sent. There is no fee to ship via regular mail, but delays could exist. If you would like it sent by courier, we will only accept arrangements made through eShip Global. This must be paid and arranged by the student.
Application for Admission