There are no fitness challenges at this time.
Exercise of the Week
To do a successful bench press:
- Lay flat on the bench using a 5-point contact (feet, behind, back, shoulders and head are in contact with the bench at all times during the exercise).
- Choose a weight that you can comfortably do one repetition with.
- As a safety, always have someone to spot you.
- Choose a comfortable hand position, usually palms up, make sure you are hands are evenly spaced on the bar.
- Range of motion is to lift the bar up and bring it down to the middle of the chest.
- As you bring the bar down - inhale.
- On exertion - exhale.
- This completes one repetition of the bench press.
The bench press exercise benefits both men and women. This exercise targets the pectoralis major (chest).
For a demonstration, more information or guidance on how to do a bench press, please visit the Aggie Rec Center.
Contact the Aggie Rec Center