IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE RULES TO CONTESTANTS BEFORE ARRIVING AT CONTEST.
LIVESTOCK JUDGING CAREER DEVELOPMENT EVENT
April 9, 2014
Assemble at the CU Football Stadium entrance on 38th Street between Gore and Lee Blvds.
Additional instructions will be given during this assembly.
RULES OF CONTEST:
1. Registration will begin immediately following the opening ceremonies.
2. Only ONE (1) team composed of three or four-members may be entered by each school. The three highest scores will be considered the official contestants. Ties will be broken by alternate's scores, and, if still tied, by total team reason scores.
3. A team must consist of at least three (3) members.
4. NO one will be allowed in the judging area prior to the contest other than contest officials. Any violation of this rule will result in disqualification of the contestant or the team. Students should be dropped off at judging site and picked up after competition is complete.
5. NO one except contest personnel will be allowed in the tabulation room.
6. While the contest is in progress, there will be NO conferring between contestants. Cell phones and other electronic/communication devices will NOT be allowed. Cell phones should be left on the bus or with ag instructor.
7. At least six (6) classes will be judged consisting of cattle, sheep, swine, and goats. Three (3) sets of oral reasons will be given with the reasons classes being designated by the contest superintendent.
We respectfully ask you to observe these rules and appreciate your cooperation.
Justin Rogers, Livestock Judging Coach