The Cameron University Foundation
With an excellent tradition of giving, Cameron University is honored by the commitment of its donors. The Cameron University Foundation translates the gifts from donors into our belief in “Every Student. Every Story.”
To promote educational, scientific and cultural interests at Cameron University for the benefit of Cameron students and the citizens of southwest Oklahoma.
- To promote and foster the educational and cultural interest of every kind and description of the Cameron University and to create a fund to be used for any program, project or enterprise undertaken in the interest of said university and to foster and promote educational and cultural interest in the State of Oklahoma.
- To provide for and maintain scholarships in the various phases of educational activities at Cameron University and to give and grant scholarships from time to time as the governing body may determine.
- To endow chairs of learning, make loans or give gifts to deserving men or women desiring an education and to provide assistance of any kind or description.
- To cooperate with and aid governmental agencies, other corporations, societies or associations organized and/or interested in charitable, scientific, artistic, literary or educational purposes.
- To operate exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. The corporation is not organized for profit and no part of the net earnings of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of or be distributed to its members, directors, officers or other private persons except to pay for reasonable external professional services.
Founded March 22, 1972, the Cameron University Foundation was established for the purpose of collecting, administering and disbursing gifts and endowments for the benefit and continuing support of Cameron University. The CU Foundation is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization governed by a Board of Directors composed principally of civic leaders of the region.
To accomplish our mission, our advancement staff works tirelessly to create relationships with the Lawton/Fort Sill community, foster a successful learning environment for CU students, and promote Cameron University as Southwestern Oklahoma’s top choice for a quality college education.
We hope that the information you find through your exploration of our website will answer most of your questions, however, please feel free to contact the Office of Advancement with any questions, comments, concerns or to make a contribution to Cameron University.
The CU Foundation was founded March 22, 1972.
The CU Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization.
The CU Foundation proudly boasts 65 Endowed Scholarships. Of those, 23 have been created in the last 4 years.
The CU Foundation proudly boasts 73 Endowed Faculty Positions. Of those, 61 are Faculty Lectureships.
To learn more about how you can help Cameron University achieve its vision for the future please contact:
Office of University Advancement
2800 West Gore Boulevard
Lawton, Oklahoma 73505