Established in August 2010 for the benefit of incoming freshmen who are students in the Lawton Public School District and who have ties to the Douglass Lions family.
- Must be a freshman accepted into Cameron University from the Lawton Public School District seeking a baccalaureate degree.
- Recipient must be a graduate, descendent, or relative of a descendent of a Douglass Lion student, faculty or staff. Eligibility will be determined through the student’s submission of a 50-100 word essay stating their tie to the Douglass Lions family.
- Must meet Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4 point scale.
- Scholarship funds are to be used for the cost of tuition, books, and other educational fees.
- Once selected, a recipient may retain the scholarship until degree completion if he/she remains a full-time student, maintains a 2.5 GPA and is making satisfactory progress toward degree completion; however, no student will receive more than six semesters of scholarship support.