Displaced Worker Assistance

Cameron studentCameron University is here to welcome and support students who have lost their job as a result of the economic downturn.  If you have been laid off recently, this is a great opportunity for you to return to school and complete a degree.

In many cases, there is additional funding available to displaced workers to pursue an education to re-enter the workforce.  Below is a list of steps you should take to determine if funds are available to you:

1.  Register for unemployment with the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC).

2.  Visit your local Workforce Development Office to start determining a possible field of study and learn about options for possible funding.

3.  Visit Cameron University, become admitted and choose a degree plan.

4.  Meet with your academic advisor and enroll in courses.

5.  Apply for Federal Financial aid by filling out the FAFSA.

Check out the sites below for additional information about unemployment or workforce development options:

Association of South Central Oklahoma Governments (ASCOG)

Workforce Oklahoma

Contact Us

301 North Shepler
2800 W Gore Blvd
Lawton, OK 73505

Phone:  (580) 581-2293
Phone:  (580) 581-2295
Fax: (580) 581-2556