Cameron University has partnered with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs as a member of the Yellow Ribbon Program. This program provides additional assistance to veterans who are eligible to receive 100 percent benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
Below are the requirements and guidelines for students to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program at Cameron University:
- Benefit can only be used to cover tuition and mandatory fee costs not already covered by the Post 9/11 GI Bill. This cannot be used for books, housing, supplies, etc.
- The Yellow Ribbon Program is reviewed annually to determine if the university will be able to participate from year to year.
To be eligible to enter the program students must:
- Be admitted and enroll at Cameron University.
- Be enrolled as of the last date to enroll or add a class for the semester in which they are requesting Yellow Ribbon.
- Present a Certificate of Eligibility to CU-VA Office before they can apply for the program
- Be eligible for 100 percent funding under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- Have tuition and fee costs that exceed the maximum payable rate under the Post 9/11 GI Bill for the state of Oklahoma.
- Supply a copy of their DD214, if applicable, so we can establish veteran status.
- The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs has identified that Active Duty members and spouses of Active Duty members eligible for Transfer of entitlement are not eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program as their tuition and fees are paid in full by the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
To continue eligibility in the Yellow Ribbon Program students must:
- Be enrolled during each Fall and Spring semester of the program. If a student is not enrolled for one full semester (excluding Summer) they will lose their eligibility for the program and must re-apply to the Yellow Ribbon Program through the Office of Veterans Affairs. If openings are available, the student may be granted re-entry into the program.
- Remain eligible to receive full benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
How to apply?
- Student must complete an application to apply for the yellow ribbon benefits in the CU-VA Office. The application will be date stamped once received in order to document that the applications were processed in a first come, first serve method.
- Applications will be taken until all slots for the academic year have been filled.
- Student must notify the CU-VA Office if they become eligible for a tuition waiver of any type.
- Student must notify the CU-VA Office if utilizing or planning on utilizing the MyCAA program.
For more information, check out the following site:
Cameron University Office of Veteran Affairs