Cameron University –Duncan students are eligible for a free membership at the Simmons Center in Duncan. The Simmons Center’s recreation center features:
- Six-lane, 25-meter swimming pool with a one-meter diving board
- An instructional swimming pool
- Two full-sized gymnasiums designed for basketball, volleyball and tennis
- An elevated running/walking track
- Racquetball courts also equipped for walleyball and handball
- A weight room with state -of-the art Cybex, Universal cardiovascular and free weight equipment
- An aerobics/dance room
- A game room with table tennis and electronic games
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with sauna, showers and lockers
- Fitness classes offered by the Simmons Center include: Bosu, Zumba, Steptastic, body sculpting, Pilates/yoga, t'ai-chi, water aerobics, and others
How to access the Simmons Center
CU-Duncan students may go to the front desk at the Simmons Center, request their free membership and fill out a membership form.
CU online students who live in the Duncan area may complete a short request form to be considered eligible for membership. Contact the Duncan campus for this form. Email Duncan@cameron.edu or telephone 1-877-CU2-DNCN.
All memberships expire on the last day of the month in which the semester concludes. Memberships may be renewed each semester contingent upon a student’s continued enrollment at CU-Duncan or continued enrollment in online classes while living in the Duncan area.