2013-2014 Financial Aid Package

Welcome to Cameron University!!!

If you have been awarded financial aid, there is other important information you should know in addition to the amount of aid offered. Your 2013-2014 financial aid package is based on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), financial need, availability of funds and full time enrollment status.  You may be eligible for one type of aid or a combination of grants, loans, work-study and scholarship assistance.  Revisions to this offer can occur during the award year if there are regulatory changes to federal and state aid programs, changes in your enrollment status, if you receive additional educational funding or do not maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP).  Please review the following information carefully and contact our office at (580) 581-2293 if you have questions about your financial aid package.

If your total financial aid package does not cover all of your charges at Cameron University or if changes made to your aid package after the initial disbursement create a balance, you are responsible for the balance.  Student account detail and balances can be viewed and paid on Aggie Access.


You are eligible for financial aid at Cameron University if you meet the following requirements:

  • Degree-seeking undergraduates may be eligible for any program.
  • You are making SAP towards a designated degree.
  • You are not in default on a Guaranteed Student Loan, or PLUS/SLS Loan.
  • You do not owe an overpayment on a Pell, SEOG, ACG, SMART or TEACH Grant.



Pell grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned their first bachelor’s degree.  The maximum award for 2013-2014 is $5,645.  Pell grants will fund up to 12 credit hours per term and up to 24 credit hours per year.  If you are Pell eligible, you will be funded as follows:

If enrolled in:

You will be funded for:

You will receive:  

1 – 5 hours

Less than half time

25% of your Pell eligibility

6 – 8 hours

Half time

50% of your Pell eligibility

9 – 11 hours

Three quarter time

75% of your Pell eligibility

12 + hours

Full time (12 hours)

100% of your Pell eligibility

Students are limited to a lifetime maximum of 12 terms of full-time Pell payments or its equivalent for part-time study.  If you are near or have met the Federal Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU), the Department of Education will notify you on the Student Aid Report (SAR) regarding your status.  You can log on to National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®) using your Federal Student Aid PIN and view your LEU. The LEU will be found on the Financial Aid Review page.


If you find that you will need to borrow money to assist in covering the complete cost of your college education, there are federal loans available to you.  Cameron University participates in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program where students borrow directly from the federal government.  Just like any other loan, these loans are repaid with interest.  Direct Subsidized Loans are loans made to eligible undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need to help cover the costs of higher education.  Direct Unsubsidized Loans are loans made to eligible undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, but in this case, the student does not have to demonstrate financial need to be eligible for the loan.  Direct PLUS Loans are loans made to graduate or professional students and parents of dependent undergraduate students to help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid.

To receive a Federal Direct Student Loan you must be eligible based on the outcome of your FAFSA application, enrolled in at least six credit hours, be eligible for loan funds after other outside sources (scholarships and BIA) have been computed and accept your loans on Aggie Access.  Your financial aid package will include the maximum loan amount you are eligible to borrow. We encourage you to carefully review your expenses and resources and borrow only what you need.  If you are loan eligible, you will be funded as follows:

If enrolled in:

You will be funded for:

Undergraduate:  6 – 11 hours

Part time

Undergraduate:  12 + hours

Full time

Graduate:  6 – 8 hours

Part time

Graduate:  9 + hours

Full time

All first time borrowers are required to complete Entrance Counseling and submit a Master Promissory Note (MPN) before receiving any loan funds.  Entrance Counseling is a mandatory information session that explains your responsibilities and rights as a student borrower.  The MPN is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education.  It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s).  You will go to www.studentloans.gov to complete both the entrance counseling and MPN.  You should expect for it to take you about 30 minutes for each document.  You will need a FAFSA PIN to sign into the web site.


If you are a parent of a dependent student and would like to apply for a Parent PLUS loan, you may complete an application and Master Promissory Note online at www.studentloans.gov.  You must use your Federal Student Aid PIN to complete the application.  If you do not have one, you may request one from http://www.pin.ed.gov.  Parents completing a PLUS eMPN must use their own PIN number, not their child’s number.


SEOG (Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant)

SEOG is a federally funded grant program.  Eligibility requires a zero EFC number.  Funds are very limited for SEOG and awards are based on first apply – first awarded.

OTAG (Oklahoma Tuition Assistance Grant)

OTAG is funded by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE).  You must be enrolled in at least 6 hours and be an undergraduate student to receive OTAG funding.  OTAG awards are distributed on the basis of first applied, along with strict income guidelines and availability of funds.  Any OTAG awards posted on your award letter are only projections at this time and do not guarantee funding.  OSRHE does not release OTAG funds until late September in the fall term or late February in the spring term.  Cameron University Business Office does not allow any charges against this funding source until posted to the student account.

Oklahoma Promise

The Oklahoma Promise Scholarship covers the cost of tuition for students who meet the program’s requirements as determined by OSRHE.  The scholarship applies for up to five years after high school graduation or until completion of a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.  The scholarship does not cover mandatory fees, books, housing or other institutional charges.

Institutional and Non-Institutional Scholarships

All institutional and non-institutional scholarship aid must be included in your financial aid package regardless of the source or method of payment.  Students who receive assistance from outside sources are required to report this to the financial aid office.  Adjustments to your aid package may be necessary as a result of your receipt of this aid.  If the aid you accepted is equal to your need, we will reduce your aid package (usually loans or federal work-study) by the amount of your scholarship to ensure that the total amount of aid you receive does not exceed your need.

Tuition Waivers

If you have a tuition waiver, this means that your tuition or a portion of it will be reduced.  A tuition waiver is not paid in cash to you; rather, your tuition charges will be reduced by the amount of your waiver.

Federal Work Study, Institutional Work Study

The work study program is a student employment program that provides students with an opportunity to be placed in part-time jobs on campus that accommodate their academic schedules.  There are two types of work study available - federal and institutional.  All students will qualify for institutional-funded employment.  Federally-funded employment requires that you have federal eligibility as determined by the outcome of your FAFSA and be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.  Institutional-funded employment requires that you be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for fall or spring, or 3 credit hours for summer.  To locate an open position on campus and learn how to apply, go to http://www.cameron.edu/personnel/studentemployment or use Student Quick Links in Aggie Access.  All work study earnings are processed through the payroll department and are made available by the 10th of each month.


Financial aid is disbursed five to seven days prior to the beginning of each term or seven to ten days after eligibility and enrollment are confirmed after the term begins.  Aid will be applied to current aid year institutional charges on your student account.  Institutional charges include tuition, fees, housing and meal charges.  Federal student aid cannot be automatically applied to prior year aid balances.  Any remaining amounts will be refunded to you.  All refunds due to you from the university will be disbursed through your Aggie One card according to the refund preferences you selected when you activated your card.  If you do not already have an Aggie One Card, Higher One will mail a card to you once you enroll in your first term of classes at Cameron.  Do not throw the card away as a replacement fee will be assessed when a new card is requested.  You may check on the status of your card and find answers to your questions online at www.aggieonecard.com.  Please contact the Cameron cashiers at (580) 581-2219 for issues with your card that cannot be resolved online.



To encourage the completion of degree/certificate programs within a reasonable time frame and to comply with federal, state and institutional requirements, all financial aid recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as a condition for receiving financial aid.  This policy only pertains to federal and state aid recipients.  Scholarship recipients must meet the eligibility requirements of those respective programs.  SAP requires financial aid recipients to meet the following:

1)     Maximum Time Frame

  • Students enrolled in a 124 credit hour undergraduate degree program are granted aid through 186 hours of attempted credit hours.    Students enrolled in a 128 credit hour undergraduate degree program are granted aid through 192 hours of attempted credit hours.
  • Students enrolled in a 33 credit hour masters program are granted aid through 50 hours of attempted credit hours.

2)     Grade Point Average – all grades count in the GPA for SAP purposes, including repeat and remedial grades.

  • Undergraduate students with up to 29 credit hours attempted from all institutions must have a cumulative grade point average of 1.7 or greater.
  • Undergraduate students with more than 29 credit hours attempted from all institutions must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or greater.
  • Graduate students must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater.      

3)     Progress to Degree Completion (PACE)

  • Students must complete at least 67% of all hours attempted.

SAP is monitored annually at the conclusion of the spring term.  Financial aid recipients who do not meet these conditions may lose their financial aid eligibility.  A student’s entire academic history, including transfer hours, is considered for purposes of this policy regardless of whether the student received financial aid at the time the credit hours were completed.  Students will receive notification if they are not meeting minimum SAP standards.  An appeal process is available and is described in the SAP policy found at www.cameron.edu/financial_aid/sap.


If it is necessary for you to cancel or discontinue your enrollment in a course(s), it is your responsibility to follow all official university withdrawal procedures as noted in the student catalog.  There are federal regulations pertaining to recipients of financial aid funds who withdraw from school prior to the completion of the term.  They may require the school, and sometimes the student, to repay some or all of the financial aid that was received.  These “return of funds” regulations apply only if you withdraw before completing at least 60 percent of the term.  Regulations require that students “earn” financial aid over the course of a term by attending and participating in classes.  If you leave school during the semester without officially withdrawing, a return of funds will be calculated based on your last day of class attendance. Withdrawing may result in a financial debt for you. You must repay the required amount during the term in which you withdraw.  Students failing to repay the required amount will have a hold placed on their student account and will not be eligible to re-enroll until payment is received. You will be required to contact our office prior to withdrawing.

If you have already received funds

  • Same enrollment computation status: Student drops from class(es) during the 100% refund period but remains in the same enrollment status in which the original assistance was computed.  No repayment is required and the student may retain any tuition refund from class(es) dropped.
  • Partial Withdrawal:  Student drops from class(es) during the 100% refund period and enrollment classification is then below the status in which the original assistance was computed.  A portion of grants and/or loans received must be returned.  The student would then be required to repay Cameron for funds returned to the U.S. Department of Education.
  • Complete Withdrawal:  A computation for Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) is completed to determine the amount of funding that must be repaid by Cameron and by the student.  The student would then be required to repay Cameron for funds returned to the U.S. Department of Education.

If you have applied for aid but not yet received funds

  • Partial Withdrawal:  Student withdraws from class(es) and enrollment classification is then below the status in which the original assistance was computed.  ASSISTANCE WILL BE RECOMPUTED ON NEW STATUS with original amounts adjusted.
  • Complete Withdrawal:  No federal funds may be received.


Summer financial aid is not automatic.  You may be Pell eligible if you did not receive full Pell funding during the fall and spring terms.  Total loan eligibility is awarded at the beginning of the aid year to be utilized in the fall and spring terms only.  If you anticipate the need to use loan funds to cover summer enrollment, you must either adjust the amount of loans that you accept or contact a financial aid counselor to discuss a revision of your aid package.  If you are interested in financial aid for the 2014 summer term, complete and submit a Summer 2014 Assistance Application AFTER you have enrolled for the term.  Applications will be available at www.cameron.edu/financial_aid/forms.html after summer enrollment opens in March, 2014.

Fine Arts Courtyard Fountain

Contact Us

Office Hours: 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday
301 North Shepler
2800 W Gore Blvd
Lawton, OK 73505
ph:  (580) 581-2293
ph: (580) 581-2295
fax: (580) 581-2556