applying for aid
Applying for financial aid at Cameron University begins with the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Cameron's General Scholarship Application. The FAFSA application is used to apply for nearly all types of financial assistance including federal, state and institutional aid. The results of the application assist the financial aid office in determining how much and what type of aid may be awarded. The General Scholarship Application is utilized to award institutional scholarships that are offered through the university.
What do I need to do?
1. Get a PIN (personal identification number) at www.pin.ed.gov. The student and at least one parent of a dependent undergraduate student will need a PIN. Do not share this number with anyone.
2. Gather your information to apply. Your social security number, your parent's social security number if filing a dependent status, drivers license number, federal tax information including your spouse if married or for your parents if filing a dependent status as well as records of untaxed income.
3. Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Remember that fliling is free! Information and complete instructions are provided to guide you through the process. Be sure to designate Cameron University as your university of choice by entering our school code, 003150. Don't forget to sign the application!
4. Review the Student Aid Report (SAR). After completing the FAFSA, an email message is sent to you with a link to your SAR. Please review your SAR for any necessary corrections or updates. If estimates relating to tax information were originally submitted, you will receive a notice in mid-April from Federal Student Aid to update your information.
5. Check your AggieAccess account for status and updates. Once you submit your FAFSA you should allow approximately 3 - 5 weeks for us to process your application. Once we receive and process your information, we may need additional documentation to complete or verify your aid package. This information is available on the student "My Info" tab on AggieAccess.
6. Review your awards. Once your aid package is complete, an award letter will be sent to you which identifies the types and amounts of aid that you are eligible for. Your awards can also be viewed on AggieAccess. The final awards posted to your account are based on your current enrollment status and classification.
301 North Shepler
2800 W Gore Blvd
Lawton, OK 73505
ph: (580) 581-2293
ph: (580) 581-2295
fax: (580) 581-2556