- Service under the United States Military in Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan or Operation Iraqi Freedom beginning September 11, 2001 or later
- Honorable service record under the United States Military
- Critical financial need
- Intention to pursue a bachelor's degree (BA or BS) at an accredited college or university in the United States (awardees may begin their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- No more than 60 cumulative semester/credit hours by the end of the 2007 term. (Please send transcript to verify credit hours)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- U.S. citizenship
- Scholarship recipients will be required to attend school on a full-time basis (24 credits hours per calendar year) in order to receive this scholarship. Individuals who are not planning to attend college on a full-time basis should not apply for this scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients do not receive direct payment of their scholarship funds. Funds are only disbursed to a students current school and may only be used for tuition, fees, books, and on-campus housing. Funds may not be used to pay off student loans or credit cards.