Grants are free money that typically does not have to be repaid.  Grants are normally awarded to students who are determined to have a high financial need based on completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Federal and state formulas determine who can receive these awards.

  • PELL - A federally sponsored program that only awards to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree.  For many students, Pell Grants provide a foundation of financial aid to which other aid may be added.
  • SEOG - (Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant) - A federally sponsored program for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need - students with the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC).  At Cameron University, students must have a "0" EFC to be considered.
  • TEACH (Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant) - A federally sponsored non-need based program that provides funds to students who are enrolled in an eligible program and who agree to teach in a high-need field, at a low-income elementary or secondary school as a highly qualified teacher for at least four years.
  • OTAG (Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant) - A state sponsored program designed to help pay tuition costs for residents of Oklahoma who are enrolled at least half-time and meet federal need requirements.