Below are details of the admission process for graduate students. If you are applying as an International Student and wish to take courses on-campus, please see the Graduate International Admission Requirements page.
Graduate Application Procedure
- Review Cameron University's graduate admission requirements and the requirements of your program of choice. Some Cameron graduate programs have admission requirements beyond what is required by the university. Additional requirements also apply for international applicants.
- Complete your application online.
- Pay a one-time application fee of $20.00. Fee waived for active duty military.
- Send official copies of transcripts detailing all graduate and undergraduate coursework to the Office of Admissions via mail or email from an electronic verification service.
- Send supplemental application items (listed below) that are pertinent to your application to the Office of Admissions.
- Once admitted to Cameron as a graduate student, you will receive a letter from the Office of Admissions.
- Your application packet will be forwarded to the appropriate academic department for program-level admission, if required. You will receive separate communications from the department regarding the status of your application.
- Once admitted to your degree program, you will work with your graduate advisor to select courses. You will then enroll online.
- Applicants within 16 credit hours of completing a bachelors degree:
- Request a degree evaluation/audit by your school's Registrar or department of your major. The document(s) must state the name of the university, anticipated graduation date, degree being awarded, all classes completed, classes in progress/still needed to complete the degree, and signature from university official. *Note: Once your degree is posted to your transcript. An official copy should be sent to the Office of Admissions.
- All MBA/MSOL Applicants:
- Send official GRE/GMAT scores only if you do not have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher. *Note: Exam must have been completed within the last 5 years. Please contact the Department of Business with questions about this requirement.
- Active Duty Military and Dependents:
- Copies of Military Orders
- Leave and Earnings Statement. *Note: This documentation is required for receiving in-state tuition.
- International Transcripts:
- Transcripts must be evaluated by WES or ECE. *Please contact International Admissions with any questions about this requirement.
Mail transcripts and supplemental items listed above to:
Attn: Office of Admissions
2800 W Gore Blvd
Lawton, OK 73505
If sending transcripts via electronic verification service:
What to Expect During the Application Process
- After submitted an application online, allow a minimum of 2 business days for processing. (Only one application should be submitted.)
- Applications require additional items such as transcripts or exam scores to be submitted before an application can be reviewed for an admission decision. When these items are sent through mail and from third parties (i.e. previous schools or testing agencies), allow approximately 2 weeks from the date they were mailed for the Office of Admissions to receive them. Additional processing time will apply once items are received.
- At various points during the application process, you may be contacted by university officials via mail, email, or phone if additional items are needed in order to complete your application.
- Once admitted to the university as a graduate student, you will receive an admission letter from the Office of Admissions. Additionally, your application materials will be forwarded to your academic department for program-level admission, if needed.
- You will be contacted by your academic department and receive additional items addressing program admission, advisement, enrollment, orientation procedures, etc.