Applicants will be admitted in accordance with the standards and procedures listed below. Admission must be approved prior to enrollment in any graduate courses.
Unconditional admission to graduate study will be granted under the following circumstances:
- The applicant has a baccalaureate degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting agency (Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be submitted.); and
- At least one or more of the following three criteria is met:
- The applicant has a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 based upon a 4.0 scale; or
- The applicant has a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 based upon a 4.0 scale in all graduate courses taken within the last 6 years. At least 12 graduate credit hours must have been completed; or
- The applicant has earned a master’s or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Conditional admission to graduate study will be granted under the following conditions:
- The applicant has a baccalaureate degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting organization but does not meet the requirements for unconditional admission.
- The applicant has a baccalaureate degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting organization and has requested transcripts from all previously attended institutions be sent to Cameron University, but the transcripts have yet to arrive. Unofficial transcripts are required before a student can enroll in their first semester at Cameron. Students are restricted to a single semester of enrollment until all official transcripts have been received.
- The applicant is within 16 semester hours of completion of a baccalaureate degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting organization, is in the final semester of his/her undergraduate program and enrolled in the number of hours required to complete the degree and is not on academic probation. Students must submit official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended, provide an official degree check from the Registrar’s Office at the college or university where they will receive their undergraduate degree and provide updated official transcripts after the undergraduate degree has been awarded. This is for one semester only.