Since its completion in 1952, this building was referred to by a variety of names, including the Science and Home Economics Building, the Science Building, Biology Building and Nance-Boyer West. During its construction, then-Cameron president Vernon Howell intended for the building to be called Conwill Hall in memory of former president Charles M. Conwill. In 2003, after discovering that request, President Cindy Ross rededicated the building and bestowed the name Conwill Hall as was originally intended.
Conwill Hall is used primarily for classrooms. In addition, the building houses faculty offices for the OUHSC College of Nursing program.