Cameron Library Course Reserve Guidelines (For instructors)
Instructors or departments may place physical items on Course Reserve with a limited loan period in order to enable a maximum number of students to use them. Items may include library books, photocopies of journal articles and book chapters, videotapes, CDs, textbooks, personal books, copies of personal lecture notes, exams, bibliographies, syllabi, or other items.
Place Items on Reserve
Instructors should complete a Reserve Request Form and submit items to the Circulation Department for processing. Please include complete bibliographic information for all copied personal materials!
For non-library-owned items, instructors should download a form or obtain one from the Library, and submit the completed form to the Circulation Department together with items to be put on reserve. Upon request, library staff members will be happy to pick up materials from campus offices.
Please note: Cameron Library is NOT responsible for loss of personal materials and cannot replace any loss.
Items NOT Acceptable for Reserve
1. A photocopy or photocopies of an entire book or of more than one chapter or of more than ten percent of a book
2. Non-commercial videotapes taped off the air without permission from the program's producer
3. Homemade cassettes, DVDs, CDs or other electronic format containing copyrighted music or other audio media
4. Photocopies of all or any part of commercially published workbooks, study guides or answer keys without publisher's permission
5. Materials owned by libraries other than those of Cameron
6. Visual materials from a rental store
Remove Items from Reserve
Library-owned material will be removed from Course Reserve immediately after the semester ends.
Non-library-owned material also will be removed from Course Reserve after the semester ends unless otherwise instructed. The removed material will be delivered in person by our library staff to the owners