Following approval earlier today by the University of Oklahoma, Cameron University and Rogers State University Board of Regents, Cameron University has set housing and board rates for FY 2011. Rates for Cameron Village and traditional (non-suite) rooms in the Shepler residence halls will increase 2.5 percent, while rates for most board and commuter meal plans will increase just 2.9 percent.
"Cameron University strives to keep costs affordable for students. Minimal increases in housing and board rates are unavoidable if we are to maintain and upgrade the facilities and provide quality meal programs," says CU President Cindy Ross. "Cameron University's housing and board rates are still extremely competitive when compared to rates at other universities in the state."
Rates for Cameron Village and traditional Shepler dormitory rooms were last increased in August 2008. Housing rates for FY 2011 will be:
- Shepler: Double Bedroom1 $593
- Shepler: Single Bedroom1 $989
- CV: 4 Bedroom Apt. 2 (9 month) $485
- CV: 4 Bedroom Apt. 2 (12 month) $414
- CV: 2 Bedroom Apt. 2 (9 month) $565
- CV: 2 Bedroom Apt. 2 (12 month) $495
1Rates are per semester/per student
2Rates are per month/per student
The increase in board and commuter plans will ensure access to quality food at times convenient to students and will offset increases in costs associated with the University's food service contract. The dining convenience plan (also listed below) is not affected by this increase. Board and commuter rates, per semester, for FY 2011 will be:
- 10 Meals Per Week $1,015
- 8 Meals Per Week & $225 Flex $1,120
- 15 Meals Per Week & $50 Flex $1,120
- 60 Block Meals & $225 Flex $1,120
- 140 Block Meals & $50 Flex $1,120
- Commuter - 10 Meals $ 52
- Commuter - 30 Meals $ 147
- Dining/Convenience Plan $ 350
For detailed information on housing and board plans, go to www.cameron.edu/housing.
January 27, 2010