Since 1908, Cameron University has been committed to providing high quality, affordable educational programs to students in Oklahoma. As part of this commitment, Cameron offers the Cameron Gold Scholarship to work in conjunction with Oklahoma's Promise, also known as the Oklahoma Higher Learning Access Program (OHLAP), to cover costs not typically covered by “Oklahoma’s Promise” such as mandatory fees and books. Students who will be first-time freshmen at Cameron University during the Fall 2012 and who are participating in the Oklahoma’s Promise program are encouraged to apply. The deadline to apply for the Cameron Gold scholarship for the 2012-2013 academic year is April 1, 2012.
“Cameron University prides itself on offering affordable, high quality education to the citizens of Oklahoma, and the Cameron Gold scholarship program is a key element in achieving that goal,” says Jamie Glover, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management. “With the Cameron Gold Scholarship, qualified students can rest assured they have the funding needed for tuition, mandatory fee and book costs at Cameron University.”
To qualify for the Cameron Gold scholarship, students must complete ALL of the steps below by April 1, 2012:
- Apply for admission to Cameron University.
- Submit a scholarship application to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the Office of Financial Assistance.
- Be eligible for and receive Oklahoma’s Promise funding.
- Be admitted as a first-semester incoming freshman at Cameron for the Fall 2012 semester.
For more information about Cameron Gold call (580) 581-2289.
January 20, 2012