Cameron sponsors Summer Food Service Program for Upward Bound participants

Cameron University is participating in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). Meals will be provided to all eligible children free of charge. To be eligible to receive free meals at a residential or non-residential camp, such as Cameron’s Upward Bound program, children must meet the income guidelines for reduced-price meals in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Children who are part of households that receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, benefits under the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) are automatically eligible to receive free meals. Acceptance and participation requirements for the Summer Food Service Program and all activities are the same for all regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service.

From May 30 to June 29, Upward Bound participant meals will be provided in the Cameron University cafeteria, located in Shepler Center at 2800 West Gore. Meals will be served Monday through Friday, as follows: Breakfast: 7:30 – 8:20 a.m.; Lunch: Noon -12:50; Supper, 5 – 6:00 p.m. Participants in Cameron’s Upward Bound program go home on Friday afternoon and return on Sunday evening. No meals are served on Saturdays or Sundays.

Please refer to the following chart for income guidelines for reduced price meals by family size:

Guidelines to determine student eligibility for Summer Food Service Program

Annual Family Income Before Deductions

Federal Income Chart for School Year July 01 2017 – June 30, 2018

Household Size

Yearly Income

Monthly Income

























Each Additional



To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online at and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)    Mail

 U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(2)    Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)    Email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.



May 9, 2018