The purpose of this program is to prepare individuals with technical multimedia development skills to function as team members in the systematic design and development of technology based, interactive, user-friendly instructional applications that will:
- Promote the acquisition of specific knowledge and skills by learners
- Make the acquisition of knowledge and skill efficient, effective and appealing
- Direct learners to appropriate learning activities, guiding students to appropriate knowledge and helping learners rehearse, encode and process information
- Monitor learner performance and provide feedback and systematic revision where needed
- Meet design standards for end users.