Below is a list of the minimum Hardware and Software requirements to access Cameron Online course materials.
- Windows XP (32-bit), Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Mac OSX 10.6 "Snow Leopard"
- Processor (CPU) with 1 gigahertz (GHz) frequency or above
- A minimum of 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- At least 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available space on the hard disk
- Internet Access - 28.8 kbps speed or above (DSL or cable broadband connection highly recommended)
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and a Microsoft Mouse or some other compatible pointing device
- Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA (800 x 600)or higher resolution
- Sound card
- Speakers or headphones
- Recommended - Microphone and Webcam
- Mozilla Firefox 18 (or latest stable release)
- Internet Explorer 9
Students using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or below, Yahoo, AOL, Google Chrome, Safari, and many other secondary browsers have experienced various issues which prevented the successful submission of assignments, quizzes, exams as well as discussion board threads.
Note Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 users: The new Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10 and Windows 10 itself are not currently supported by Blackboard.
Note (AOL) users:
The AOL browser is NOT compatible with BlackboardTM Learn Release 9.1. However, you can use your AOL Internet connection with one of the web browsers listed above for your operating system to access Blackboard 9.1.
Your browser must be configured as follows:
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Pop-up windows must be enabled.
- Microsoft Office or OpenOffice
- Java -- To view and interact with all available blackboard applications.
- Real Player--for audio/video content.
- Quick Time--for audio/video content.
- PowerPoint viewer--PowerPoint Viewer 2007 lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions.
- Adobe Shockwave--for Macromedia content.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader --for PDF files Adobe® Reader® software is the global standard for electronic document sharing. It is the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all PDF documents. Use Adobe Reader to view, search, digitally sign, verify, print, and collaborate on Adobe PDF files.
- Adobe Flash Player--Flash Player 10 allows you to enjoy content with video, graphics and animation.