Below is a list of the minimum Hardware and Software requirements to access Cameron Online course materials.
- Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Mac OSX 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11
- Processor (CPU) with 2 gigahertz (GHz) frequency or above
- A minimum of 2 GB of RAM
- Monitor Resolution 1024 X 768 or higher
- A minimum of 20 GB of available space on the hard disk
- Internet Connection Broadband (high-speed) Internet connection with a speed of 4 Mbps or higher
- Keyboard and a Microsoft Mouse or some other compatible pointing device
- Sound card
- Speakers or headphones
- Strongly Recommended - Microphone and Webcam
- Chrome* 36+
- Edge* 20+
- Mozilla Firefox 31+
- Internet Explorer 11+ (Windows only)
- Safari 6+ (MacOS only)
*Google Chrome version 42+ and Microsoft Edge do not support NPAPI-type plug-ins, including Java plug-ins and many media browser plug-ins. Blackboard does not support these browsers for use with media that require NPAPI plug-ins for viewing.
Students using unsupported browsers may experience issues submitting assignments, quizzes, exams and discussion board threads.
Your browser must be configured as follows:
- Strongly Recommended--add www.cameron.edu to trusted sites.
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Pop-up windows must be enabled.
- Microsoft Office--a free copy of Office 265 can be obtained at http://office365.cameron.edu
- Java -- To view and interact with all available blackboard applications.
- Real Player--for audio/video content.
- Quick Time--for audio/video content.
- PowerPoint viewer--PowerPoint Viewer lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions.
- Adobe Shockwave--for Macromedia content.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader --for PDF files Adobe® Reader® software is the global standard for electronic document sharing. It is the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all PDF documents. Use Adobe Reader to view, search, digitally sign, verify, print, and collaborate on Adobe PDF files.
- Adobe Flash Player--Flash Player allows you to enjoy content with video, graphics and animation.