Senior Resident Assistant - Student Housing
The SRA is responsible for establishing goals and objectives for assigned community and resident assistant staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Job duties for the Senior Resident Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Assist with opening and closing housing facilities at the beginning and end of each semester.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate a staff of resident assistants.
- Work with resident assistants to encourage their growth and development and to assure resident assistants are fulfilling job obligations.
- Organize and facilitate staff development activities to promote a strong sense of team and support, and respond to staff concerns.
- Responsible for overseeing low level student conduct cases within their community.
- Develop and implement new ideas/concepts to improve the quality of life and experience within the community.
- Provide personal and administrative support necessary in developing a community environment.
- Handle emergency or crisis situations appropriately as they arise.
- Assist with Departmental and Division projects.
- Maintain a minimum of 20 office hours a week.
- Participate as one of three in professional on-call rotation. On call typically lasts for a week at a time.
- Will require additional night and weekend work beyond the on-call responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as needed to support the goals of the department and mission of the university.
COMPENSATION: Senior Resident Assistants receive a two bedroom apartment and a $300 monthly stipend.
--- (Edited on 1/16/2019 1:25 pm [GMT-0600] by jamsmith) ---
--- (Edited on 2/8/2019 11:57 am [GMT-0600] by jamsmith) ---
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year of living on campus experience.
- 1 year of Student Housing involvement.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA 2.5
- Must be enrolled and maintain full time undergraduate or graduate enrollment status.
- Minimum of 60 hours of course completed.
- Willingness to be on call and work evenings and weekends as necessary.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To be considered please complete application along with submitting a current resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
All of these materials must be typed and submitted to:
Chris DrewDirector of Student Housing and Residence LifeStudent Housing Office McMahon Learning Center
Your application will NOT be complete until all required materials are submitted to the Student Housing Office.
For best consideration submit all materials by February 05, 2019.
Please contact Chris Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 580-581-2392.
|1/16/2019 1:25 pm
|Student Housing - McMahon Learning Center