Psi Chi/Psychology Club
Congratulations to Psi Chi for achieving a 4 Star Organization rating for the 2011-2012 school year!
The Cameron University chapter of Psi Chi/Psychology Club meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month from 4:30-5:30 in the CETES Conference Room.Please visit us on Facebook at Cameron University Chapter Psi Chi & Psychology Club!
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology.
To become a member of Psi Chi as an undergraduate, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be at least a second-semester sophomore
- Must be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or a program psychological in nature that is equivalent to a psychology major
- Must have completed at least 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology courses
- Must have an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class based on rankings within sophomore, within junior, and within senior classes (if the cut-off for the top 35% is below 3.00, the applicant must have an overall GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale)
- Must have a psychology GPA that is at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale
To become a member of Psi Chi as a graduate student, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Must have an overall GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale in all graduate courses, including psychology courses
Psychology Club is a student organization designed to allow students with an interest in Psychology to explore the field. There are no GPA requirements for membership in Psychology Club, and you do not have to be a Psychology major or minor to join. Psychology Club meets at the same time as Psi Chi.
For more information on Psi Chi or Psychology Club, please contact our Faculty Advisor:
Dr. Jenel Cavazos
Nance Boyer 1003