The Sarkeys Foundation Student Computing Center (SFSCC) serves as an alternate testing site for students requiring a proctor.
Student must arrive with sufficient time to complete the exam before closing time. If there is not sufficient time to complete the exam before closing of the SFSCC, the Student will not be allowed to begin the exam. The Student will need to reschedule for another day.
Example: If a professor allots 60 minutes for an exam a student must arrive within 75 or more minutes before the Testing Center closes or he/she will NOT be allowed to begin an exam.
|Hours for||Spring / Fall||Summer||Intersession|
|Sunday||1:00pm - 10:00pm||1:00pm - 8:00pm||Closed|
|Monday - Thursday||7:30am - 11:00pm||7:30am - 10:00pm||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Friday||7:30am - 6:00pm||7:30am - 6:00pm||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 5:00pm||10:00am - 5:00pm||Closed|
The following procedure for proctoring exams will be strictly adhered to:
- Student must show proper picture identification (i.e. Driver's license, Military ID, Student ID.)
- Starting and ending times, as well as name of exam will be recorded by proctor.
- Exam Password will be entered by proctor. NEVER will it be given to the Student.
- Student may NOT have personal items at exam station (i.e. Cell-Phone, PDA, Palm Pilot, Purse etc.) The proctor will require the student to surrender these items before exam will be administered. The Testing Center will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items checked. To ensure safety of these items, please leave them in your vehicle or at home while testing.
- Google Glass, Smart Watches, or any other Bluetooth enabled device is not permitted in the testing area.
- Calculators, note paper, books, and notes will only be allowed with Instructor's written permission.
- Students are not permitted to browse the internet, access email, course materials, and computer software, or use any other form of electronic aid unless specified by the instructor.
- Under no circumstance is a Student permitted to print, copy, or remove exam material from these premises.
- Cheating is NEVER tolerated and examinees will be asked to stop testing and leave the Testing Center if found cheating. If an examinee is found cheating on an exam for any class for Cameron University or any other institution, the instructor will be notified immediately and appropriate actions will be taken (for more information on consequences of cheating, please see the Student Handbook). Cheating may include making an effort to remove test materials or notes from the testing room, not following test procedures, failing to stop work when time is called, disturbing or attempting to get answers from another examinee, using unauthorized aids during testing and disregarding the proctor's instruction.
- Professors provide an estimated amount of time required to complete an exam. This estimate is used to determine whether or not a student has sufficient time to complete the exam before the Testing Center closes. If there is not sufficient time to complete the exam before the Testing Center closes the Student will not be allowed to begin the exam and will need to reschedule for another day. Example: If a professor allots 60 minutes for an exam a student must arrive within 75 or more minutes before the Testing Center closes or he/she will NOT be allowed to begin an exam.
- Examinees must keep noise to a minimum for the benefit of other examinees, and talking among examinees is not allowed.
- Interpreters for hearing and vision impaired Students must be approved by Instructor.
Please Note: The SFSCC is an open lab and will NOT be as quiet as the Testing Center located in North Shepler Rm. 532. Ear plugs are available to students upon request. Students who require a completely silent atmosphere may find the Shepler Testing Center more suitable.