Purpose and make-up of exams?
- Exam can only be used for admissions to Cameron University.
- Evaluate the English proficiency of students whose native language is not English.
- Each test uses a timed multiple-choice format to measure the ability to understand North American English.
- Each exam is given in a single session of about two and a half hours. Each session consists of three timed sections:
A. Listening Comprehension (35 min.)
B. Structure and Written Expression (25 min.)
C. Reading Comprehension (55 min.)
Where do I get study material?
- An Examinee Handbook and Admission Form will be given to you at registration in the Testing Center. Additional study material can be found at http://toelf.org.
When will exams be given?
- At least one month prior to each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer). Dates will be listed on the monthly calendar on the Testing Center webpage at www.cameron.edu/testing, or you can call the Testing Center at (580) 581-2502.
How do I register for exam?
- Register in person at least one month before testing date and pay a $20.00 non-refundable deposit when registering.
Cost of exam?
- The total fee is $50.00; $20.00 non-refundable fee paid when registering and $30.00 fee paid on day of exam. All fees are to be paid by check or money order made payable to Cameron University.
What score is required and when will I get my scores?
- Score required: 500
- Get scores: After 3:00 p.m. on exam day.
- Score required for Graduate enrollment: 550
What should I bring to exam?
- Photo ID (Student ID, Military ID, Driver's License, current passport), payment and Admission Form.