Whether you started your education at a community college or another four-year university, Cameron University is a great place to continue working toward your degree. Here at Cameron we are not only committed to providing students with a top-quality education, but to also provide excellent resources and opportunities to ensure your success as a student.
Cameron defines a transfer student as anyone who has attempted 6 or more college credit hours (excluding developmental courses or pre-college work) at another college or university. High school students who are concurrently enrolled at a college or university, including Cameron, will need to apply as a first-time freshman.
Basic Academic Requirements
- If you have fewer than 15 hours of college credit, you will need to attend Orientation.
- If you have fewer than 24 hours of college credit, you will need to also submit an official high school transcript
- If you have fewer than 24 hours of college credit AND under the age of 21, you will also need to submit your ACT or SAT scores
- If you are an international student, you will need to meet all admission requirements established by Cameron's Office of International Admissions
All transfer applicants must complete the following application requirements:
- Have met Cameron's undergraduate admission requirements
- Complete the online undergraduate application
- Pay the one-time $20 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended as well as ACT/SAT scores (if required) should be sent to the following address:
2800 W Gore Blvd
Lawton OK 73505
- Schedule a campus visit for a tour of CU and a 1:1 meeting with an advisor in your degree of interest.
Completed AS or AAS in Oklahoma prior to transferring:
If you have completed the requirements for an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree at an Oklahoma State System institution you will be accepted as having fulfilled the general education requirements for bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degrees. Additional requirements will apply when:
- Prerequisites for upper division courses are lacking,
- Grade levels required by Cameron in order to pass a class have not been attained, or
- Professional licensing or certifying agency requirements exceed junior college general education requirements
When to apply for Re-Admission:
All Cameron applicants and former Cameron students who did not attend CU during the previous academic year must apply for re-admission and meet the current academic requirements.
Checklist for Admitted Transfer Students
Once you have been admitted, you will need to complete the list of items below:
- Register to attend Orientation (if transferring fewer than 15 credit hours)
- If applicable, complete all initial course placement (such as CPT, Residual ACT, CLEP, etc.) with the Testing Center
- Transfer current financial aid, complete your FAFSA, apply for scholarships, and learn about other financial assistance resources through the Office of Financial Assistance
- If applicable, apply for student housing in Shepler Center or Cameron Village
- Schedule an appointment with the Academic Advising Center and bring copies of your transcripts, testing scores, and tentative schedule of classes in which you plan to enroll