340 - Chemistry - BS
AY 2013-2014 Student Learning Outcomes
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of major concepts, theoretical principles and experimental findings in chemistry with the ability to solve problems in an efficient and accurate manner.
- The student will show the ability to learn independently by searching and explaining the chemical literature and other scientific resources in order to learn new concepts.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to measure and characterize properties of matter using a variety of chemical instrumentation, laboratory techniques, statistical and computational methods.
- The student will design and conduct laboratory, computational or theoretical experiments and analyze and interpret the results.
- The student will clearly communicate scientific information through oral and written means.
- The student will demonstrate professional integrity, effective cooperation with others, safety, and environmental stewardship in various learning and work environments.