170 - Theatre - BA
AY 2011-2012 Student Learning Outcomes
1. The student will demonstrate a competent level of knowledge in Theatre and Drama.
2. The student will display the ability to communicate about Theatre verbally and with the written word.
3. The student actor will create line readings and interpretations that are appropriate and skillful.
4. The student actor will create a physical interpretation that is appropriate and skillful.
5. The student actor will create an emotional interpretation that is appropriate and skillful.
6. The student designer will create a design that is integrated within the production concept.
7. The student designer will display a practical use of the elements of design. (In the case of visual design, this will include the use of color, line, texture, mass, and composition. In the case of sound design, this will include mood, including sound effects, period, style, and tempo.)
8. The student stage manager will demonstrate effective basic skills.
9. The student stage manager will show effectiveness as a liaison with the production staff.
10. The student technician will demonstrate effective basic skills.
11. The student will display the knowledge and resources needed as a Theatre practitioner or for admission to graduate study.
12. The student will create an electronic portfolio appropriate for usage as a professional.
13. The student will apply research in the development of ideas to explain themes in theatre and drama.