The following is a variety of items that can specifically affect the smooth continuation of your VA benefits, and helpful hints of how to avoid payment problems & delays.
- ALL VA students that are degree seeking at Cameron University must have a degree plan. The the VA Regional Office requires the CU-VA to maintain a degree plan for each student's educational objective.
- Degree plan evaluations will be reviewed AFTER ALL prior official college transcripts are received in the CU-Admission's Office. All transcripts must be requested for VA purposes even if CU-Admissions does not need them.
- Failure to have all prior official college and military transcripts turned into the CU-Admissions office during the first semester of pursuing your VA stated educational objective can result in a delay of payment. A degree plan must be done before a person can be certified by CU-VA a third time.
- If you have not had a VA degree plan completed by Mrs. Henson, you will be certified as PENDING by the CU-VA and the CU-VA office can not check for applicability of courses toward your VA degree plan. YOU are RESPONSIBLE for making sure your classes are required by your VA degree plan.
- Notify the CU-VA of All CHANGES in degree plan pursuit selection.
- VA will not pay to repeat any courses that were completed successfully. Letter grades of A, B, C, and D are passing. Students will not be paid to repeat a course successfully passed for academic forgiveness or reprieve purposes! Exceptions: Some courses require a specific minimum grade. Check the University Catalog course description.