Cameron University realizes that Student Organizations are an integral part of the student experience. You are encouraged to find an organization that interests you and get involved!
We expect that students who participate in Student organizations will
- be connected to Cameron University
- demonstrate effective communication skills
- develop leadership skills
Our organizations are identified in one of the following four categories:
- Academic Organizations - These are clubs directly correlated with an academic program.
- National Honor Societies - Honor societies are unique in that students cannot simply sign up and become a member, but they need to meet certain requirements such as having a certain GPA in their academic discipline in order to be inducted.
- Social Greek Organizations - Greek letter organizations are another unique student group. Each group has their own specific set of values and ideals; however the general mission is develop social excellence in its members through service, philanthropy, leadership development, and campus involvement.
- Special Interest Groups - This is the umbrella of a majority of the organizations on campus and includes everything ranging from the Magic Lantern Film Society to Resident Hall Association. Wherever there is a student interest, an organization can be created to meet that need.
If you would like to start a new organization, view all the necessary info. Organizations who have been inactive for 3 or more academic years will need to complete the process to register as a new student organization.