Welcome to Cameron University, where we are dedicated to the educational, cultural and economic advancement of the communities we serve.
The 2015-16 academic year brings excitement and exceptional learning opportunities to Cameron students as well as to the citizens of southwest Oklahoma and beyond. This year, in keeping with Plan 2018: Values Driven, Action Oriented, our five-year strategic plan, we will continue our focus on student learning and student success with initiatives to improve persistence and degree completion rates while maintaining or increasing already high academic standards. The initiatives are grouped around five themes;
- Access: Cameron University wants to ensure that high school graduates and transfer students have the opportunity for a college education, and improving the prospective student experience is a priority. We established a single, convenient location for financial transactions in the McMahon Centennial Complex, with more initiatives to follow to now create a "Front Door" for our students.
- Affordability: Cameron is dedicated to maintaining quality learning experiences for a modest financial outlay by managing costs and by providing outstanding opportunities for financial assistance. Despite a tuition increase, Cameron is still an excellent value. To offset costs, Cameron has increased scholarships and tuition waivers. More information about waivers and scholarships can be found here. Cameron will provide personalized financial updates to student borrowers as well as additional counseling and financial information.
- Accountability: Cameron is committed to improving our institutional retention and graduation rates. Through participation in the Higher Learning Commission's Persistence and Completion Academy, Cameron has many more tools to aid students and faculty in support of these goals.
- Attainment: We will continue two initiatives, Graduation Starts Today and We Want You Back, in order to give all of our students the best possible prospects to complete the degrees, certificates, or course packages they have chosen. Additionally, we are increasing opportunities for participation in undergraduate research, civic engagement, and other high-impact experiences, including the addition of a privately funded Gross Anatomy Lab to support biology, allied health, and pre-nursing programs.
- Engagement: Cameron's 2014-2015 Academic Festival examining "Sustainability: Challenges and Opportunities," was a success. This year, along with the numerous musical, dramatic, and other campus events, Cameron will join the Oklahoma Manufacturers Alliance in support of the Cameron University Engineering Program. Cameron has also increased funding support for the Student Civic Engagement Mini-Grant program, which will aid students in improving their community and themselves. We are also very excited about the opportunity to open a Psychology Counseling Center during the 2015-2016 year. The new center will provide supervised training opportunities for our students to better learn about psychology while putting their learning into practice.
Throughout Cameron's website, you will find information about academics, athletics, student activities, campus life, cultural events, and more, providing you with a glimpse of what our university is about. I intive you to visit our campuses in Lawton and Duncan or contact us by phone or email to explore the numerous opportunities that Cameron provides.
Thank you for visiting our website. I hope to see you on campus soon.