Incoming Freshman PLUS Scholarship
The incoming freshmen PLUS scholarship is a four-year program. For incoming scholars during the 2018-2019 academic year, the scholarship will provide recipients with a full tuition waiver for up to 18 hours per semester, a double room waiver, an $800 first-year stipend and a $500 fourth-year stipend (for students in good standing).
Selection of Freshmen SCHOLARSHIP Recipients
To be considered for the PLUS scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a resident of Oklahoma
- Achieve an unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Achieve an ACT composite score of 24 (or SAT equivalent).
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities as demonstrated by the applicant's resume, essay and three letters of reference.
In order to be considered, an applicant must meet the criteria above and submit the following no later than 11:59 p.m., February 1 of the year preceding the year to which the scholarship application is submitted.
- Apply for admission to Cameron University and pay the application fee.
- Submit a current high school transcript, ACT/SAT scores, and any college transcripts (if applicable).
- Submit a scholarship application.
- Include a Resume, Essay and three Letters of Reference. Additional documents may be submitted with the scholarship application or any time before the PLUS Application deadline. (Refer to instructions on the General Scholarship web page.)
a. Resume - describe extra curricular activities, leadership
positions held, and any honors received throughout high
b. Essay - a one page typed essay describing your most
meaningful leadership experience and how it will help
you to contribute to the PLUS program at Cameron.
c. Letters of Reference - three reference letters: 1) one
from a counselor or principal 2) one from a teacher 3)
one from someone who can detail your leadership
potential or experience.
After applications are submitted, a committee will review the applications and select students for interviews. Following the interviews, the committee will recommend approximately 25 students to receive the scholarship.
For more information about applying for the PLUS scholarship, call (580) 581-2284.